Reports to: Technical Director, Stage Manager
- Good communication
- Knows how to use sound editing software
- Good hearing
- Read and analyze the script
- Meet with director and other designers to discuss show concept
- Determine and locate sound effects
- Acquire and edit sound effects if necessary
- Choose house music appropriate to the time period and the show
- Preparation: 2-3 hours a week
- Dress blacks during the production.
Note: Westview Theater Company may hire a professional Sound Director for some shows.